Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
picture
Granite Shoals Fire, Marble Falls Fire, Marble Falls VFD, Marble Falls Area EMS, Granite Shoals Police, Burnet County SO, Granite Shoals Public Works and PEC electric were at the scene of a stru...
Tuesday, February 5th, 2013
picture
Mutual Aid With Marble Falls VFD
Friday, February 3rd, 2012
picture
Granite Shoals Fire Department assisted the Lookout Mountin West Subdivison in a safety stand-by while the proberty managers burned several large piles of Cedar brush. Due to the Large Fire sizes and ...
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011
from : Fox News Austin Texas The fire near Spicewood and along the Pedernales River in West Travis County is still burning. Officials say the fire is 80% contained. In total, 6400 acres of land hav...
Friday, July 10th, 2020
picture
Burn Ban Now in effect in Burnet County. No Outdoor Burning is allowed. All Current Burn Permits have been rescinded. Please be safe.
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
picture
Granite Shoals Fire Department Has Taken delivery of a 2016 Wildfire Squad Ford F550 Response vehicle. This truck is partially paid for by a Grant from the Texas Forest Service. Squad 5252 will be set...
picture
There are numerous low water crossing closed thru out Burnet, Travis and Llano Counties. PLEASE, drive careful, DO NOT attempt to drive over a water covered road or Barricaded Roads.
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The blocked vent temperature switch (BVTS) can malfunction, which can cause the release of gases, including carbon monoxide (CO), into consumers' homes, posing a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

The vehicles are missing the “Maximum Loading Limit” label which can cause loads and tongue weights that are too heavy for the vehicle's trailer towing and hitch, posing a crash and injury hazards due to the excessive weight.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children. 

 

Improper insertion of the pins provided for assembly can cause the chair's legs to collapse, posing an injury hazard to the user.

The children's nightgowns fail to meet the flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The product contains lidocaine which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning to young children if they ingest the anesthetic cream.

The children's robes fail to meet the flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The mower can leak fuel when it is stored in the upright (vertical) storage position, posing a fire hazard.

One of the U-shaped buckles on the supporting cables can fail, posing an impact injury hazard to the user or bystander if the rack falls. 

The glass Coda pendant light fixtures can detach from their electrical cord, causing the fixture to fall unexpectedly, posing a risk of injury from impact.

The lithium-ion batteries in the umbrella's solar panels can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.

The metal snaps on the rompers can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The recalled over-the-counter products contain the regulated substance acetaminophen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The recalled over-the-counter products contain the regulated substances aspirin and ibuprofen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The chairs can tip over or collapse when a consumer is seated in the chair, posing a fall hazard.

The recalled over-the-counter product contains the regulated substance acetaminophen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the products is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the tight-fitting flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The load center can overheat, posing thermal burn and fire hazards.

Surface paint on the desks and chairs contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban, posing a lead poisoning hazard. The desks and chairs also fail to comply with the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.

The Xylophone's feet can loosen and fall off, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The ceramic tower heater's cord and plug can overheat when in use, posing fire and burn hazards.

The recalled over-the-counter product contains the regulated substance acetaminophen which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA). The packaging of the product is not child resistant, posing a risk of poisoning if the contents are swallowed by young children.

The toys' yellow poles contain levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

Tubes on the Activity Loops toys can detach from the base releasing small plastic rings, posing a small parts choking hazard to children.  

The mudguard is positioned too close to the front wheel which can cause the wheel to lock up leading to sudden deceleration of the bike if an object gets caught between the mudguard and front tire, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.   

The bulb in the fixture can pop, flash and overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.

The treadmills can start on their own, posing a fall hazard to a user.

The throttle cable can freeze at low ambient temperatures, resulting in a stuck throttle which can cause the brakes to fail to stop the vehicle, posing a crash hazard. Additionally, on certain Model Year 2022 Intimidator GC1K vehicles, the onboard software does not prevent consumers from exceeding 15 mph when the seatbelt is disengaged, posing a crash hazard.

The refrigerator's door hinge can break causing the door to detach when the consumer tries to open the French doors, posing an impact injury hazard to the consumer.

The toggle switch can separate from the transceiver, and prevent the transceiver from switching to search mode, making it difficult to locate a skier in an avalanche, which can result in severe bodily harm or death if a skier is buried under snow.

Rubber rings on the rear wheels can separate from the wheels and detach from the Activity Walkers, posing a strangulation hazard to young children.

The children's robes fail to meet flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The bowl holder's fabric can char after being microwaved for the suggested three minutes, posing a fire hazard. 

The ice level detector arm in the ice maker can break into pieces and fall into the ice bucket, posing a choking hazard.

The children's pajama sets fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

Components of the recalled promotional ducks contain levels of certain phthalates that exceed the federal phthalate content standard. A component of the promotional fishing duck also contains a level of lead that exceeds the federal lead content standard. Phthalates and lead are toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the tight-fitting flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

Screws can become loose and/or detach from the xylophone component of the activity tables, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The children's pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

The coffee cup can crack or break when hot water is poured into it, posing a burn hazard.


© 2022 Granite Shoals Fire Department